My name is Michael and I am one of the founders of takebackthe2nd.org. I am a proud supporter of our nation, even in it’s current state it is the best nation in the world. I believe that all of our rights are worth fighting for but especially our Second Amendment rights! Without them it would be so easy to strip the rest away. Even if you choose not to own a firearm, it should be your choice, not the governments.
I am married to a beautiful, supportive, gun loving woman! In fact as I write this I am reminded that it is our fourth anniversary today! The long story is that we dated as teens and found each other some 30 odd years later to finish what we were too young to start back then. We have a blended family of 2 daughters and 1 son. Both daughters are grown and out on their own and my son divides his time between his mother’s house and ours. I am the Cubmaster and Karla is the Committee Chair in our son’s Cub Scout Pack and we encourage him to learn all that he can from Scouting. As a father it is my honor and duty to teach him how to properly handle and shoot firearms.
I am by no means a professional blogger as you’ll find out for yourself soon enough, but I feel compelled to do what I can to further the cause. I have owned guns even before I was legally able to, thanks to my eldest brother’s Christmas present of his old 410 shotgun when I was about 12. I have compiled a very modest collection over the years, never really going gun crazy until recently.
If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know by commenting below or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our initial goal is to stop Gavin Newsom’s anti Second Amendment bill, cleverly named “The Safety for All Act of 2016″*. The act attempts to further erode our Second Amendment rights by putting unnecessary restrictions on the legal gun owners of this state. The purchasing of ammunition will cause the buyer to be subjected to the additional cost and scrutiny of a background check, much like someone buying a gun.
The three main reasons that the Founding Fathers wisely added the Second Amendment were:
- To keep the Government from overstepping it’s purposefully limited powers. A recent poll shows that 70% of Americans do not trust the Federal Government.
- For personal safety. With the passage of AB 109, otherwise known as “Public Safety Realignment” sixty four thousand criminals have been released back into our neighborhoods. Many of them with violent criminal records. As law abiding citizens, we have the right to protect our lives and property.
- To protect our fundamental rights. If the government can take away one right they can take them all away.
Have you noticed that when the liberals want to diminish our rights it’s often done under the guise of Safety? Disarming citizens does not equate to safety. We cannot afford to be the silent majority any longer. We need to rise up and make our collective voices heard! If we neglect to take action now we will continue to lose our rights. We believe that Mr. Newsom is simply pandering for votes for his upcoming gubernatorial run in 2018. Not only is his initiative misleading but it is largely unenforceable and over reaching.
It will cause currently legal ammunition magazines to suddenly and overnight become illegal. Criminalizing otherwise law abiding gun owners. It will likely cause all but the largest current ammunition sellers to abandon the product due to costly overhead and surely drive small business owners out of business or at least out of state. It will cause the price of guns AND ammunition to grow beyond the ability of many Californians to afford. It can strip us of our fundamental right of self-defense, leaving us vulnerable and reliant on an already over worked police force.
It will add millions of dollars to an already bloated California deficit AND create yet another liberal bureaucracy with little power to enforce the new law. The state will be able to collect and share personal data of every gun owner with impunity.
We hope to educate California voters to the true cost of Mr. Newsom’s bill. We believe that the tax money and effort that would be wasted by the additional gun restrictions would be better spent on gun safety education and training. Our goal will be to not only provide information needed to make a logical decision to defend your 2nd. Amendment rights, but also the ability to register to vote.
In addition, we’ll strive to make a Carrying a Concealed Weapon permit in California more obtainable for every law abiding citizen. We believe that a CCW should be nationally recognized the same way a Driver License and a Marriage License is. We will also work to repeal California’s restrictive open carry laws. We believe that it is our right to self-preservation that is being hindered by these oppressive laws.
All anyone with common sense has to do is look to places like Chicago, with some of the most stringent gun laws in the nation to prove that restrictive gun laws by themselves do not work. Criminals will ALWAYS find a way to obtain weapons, including creating them. All that these laws create are defenseless citizens.
If after educating yourself you choose not to own a gun, that is your decision, your right. We are fighting to keep that right, to choose for yourself and not let the government choose for you.
Every time one of our rights is taken away by liberal politicians, we become less like citizens and more like subjects. It is our duty and responsibility to defend these rights no matter what the cost. The time is now to stand up and say “no more” and take back the 2nd! Because it doesn’t say, “Unless the government decides that you don’t need it!”
Thank you and God Bless America!
*The Safety for All Act of 2016
The initiative will appear on the 2016 California ballot with the following provisions:
- Prohibits Possession of Large-Capacity Military-Style Magazines: The Safety for All initiative outlaws possession of large-capacity magazines of 11 rounds or more and provides for their legal disposal. If passed, California would join New York, New Jersey, Hawaii and The District of Columbia in banning possession of these military-style clips.
- Treats Ammunition Sales Like Gun Sales: The initiative requires licensing of ammunition vendors and point-of-sale background checks for ammunition purchases. Under the initiative, if a person is convicted of a felony, a violent misdemeanor, has a restraining order or has been declared dangerously mentally ill, they will no longer be able to buy ammunition in California. California would be the first state to require background checks at point of sale.
- Ensures People Prohibited from Owning Guns Do Not Possess Them: The initiative defines a clear firearms relinquishment process for those convicted of a felony or a violent misdemeanor.
- Requires Reporting Lost or Stolen Guns: The initiative requires firearm owners to notify law enforcement if their firearm has been lost or stolen. With the Safety for All initiative, California would join 11 other states and the City of Sacramento requiring lost and/or stolen firearm reporting.
- Shares Data with Federal System on Prohibited People: The initiative mandates that California share data with the FBI/NICS (National Instant Criminal Background Check System).Copied directly from http://www.safetyforall.com/ on 11/2/2015